92 replies to this topic

Dash

Dash
  • Team Lead
  • 351 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Events, Support, Marketing

Hello everyone,

These past days we have been overwhelmed by everyone's activity and involvement on these forums and our IRC chat. It is wonderful to see the community coming together again so quickly after such a long period of inactivity.

The main question everyone has been asking is: is Crusade Gaming coming back again? I don't want to make promises that we can't meet, but we are going to try!

Hash (who most of you will remember as Ectomy) is already working with a group of beta testers on a test realm. There is still a lot of work to do though. Right now the realm is just a stock TrinityCore, and we want to give you all a bit more than that. We don't want to launch with a crappy server, we want to have a spectacular launch. CG died out like a candle a year ago, now we want to come back with a big BANG!

That means we will need some time to prepare and develop everything we need. It's too early to give a time frame. It could be a few months, it could also be less. We are not going to make any promises until we can be absolutely sure we can meet them. We ask for your understanding in this. I know it is frustrating to wait, but we are working on our own pace. Both Hash and I have full time jobs, so we do what we can in the evenings and weekend, but we're not going to push ourselves too far as we don't want to risk any kind of burnout.

While we are working on things and plotting ideas we will start posting regular updates. In those threads you will also be able to give your input on what we are working on. We will hear your voices!

One question I've been hearing a lot is whether you will get your old characters back. Unfortunately, we do not have any backups of old data, so that is not going to happen. Everyone will start anew on a fresh server with new characters. The community has survived though, and that's what matters most to us :)

See you all soon on IRC, TeamSpeak and these forums!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

harrie

harrie
  • 16 posts

Hopefully it works out! ;)

Valcorb

Valcorb
  • 79 posts
  • Locationlocalhost
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Hopefully it works out! ;)

Thank you for the support :)

jasamwolf1

jasamwolf1
  • 9 posts
Keep doin bro's seeya soon !!! ;)

Rashid

Rashid
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMURICA
Better ddos protection plox

Nelica

Nelica
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Can't wait to become KINGSLEJER again ^_^

Stealthpro

Stealthpro
  • 63 posts

Glad to see CG again.

If we were able to get our hands on a copy of an old backup, would we restore our characters, or is it set in stone that everyone is starting over?

Akkii

Akkii
  • 13 posts

Glad to see CG again.

If we were able to get our hands on a copy of an old backup, would we restore our characters, or is it set in stone that everyone is starting over?

Everyone is starting from scratch,thats most fair thing. :)

jasamwolf1

jasamwolf1
  • 9 posts

http://prntscr.com/50ysha
Slowly but Surely, people come back I can bring at least 50 people from the old CG :D

Dash

Dash
  • Team Lead
  • 351 posts
  • Staff teams:

Glad to see CG again.

Nothing is set in stone, but I'm not sure we'd want to even if we could find them.

Having said that, we have asked around, there doesn't appear to be anybody who has them.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Origin

Origin
  • 3 posts

WoTLK?

I have Maly/Nef old wdb's

Maly World 11-29-2012.sql

Nef World 11-29-2012.sql

Sythan

Sythan
  • 3 posts

So the prodical son has returned? You surely dont think you can do this without your mighty forum admin do you :D

Devolution

Devolution
  • Team Lead
  • 23 posts

Sounds like a plan :)

Posted Image

[font=georgia]Hi.[/font]

Fezzik

Fezzik
  • 5 posts
That would be smashing!

shringesh

shringesh
  • 5 posts
Good luck! This is going to be something to look forward to!

Aidiakapi

Aidiakapi
  • 24 posts

^^^^^^^^^

Don't wanna die before we get started.

Oxycodone

Oxycodone
  • 5 posts

The server has protection from DoS.

gaynJYZ.png

Aidiakapi

Aidiakapi
  • 24 posts

The server has protection from DoS.

And I never said it didn't. It's a majorly important point though.

Magic

Magic
  • 6 posts

Another twist in the plot! :)

Dash

Dash
  • Team Lead
  • 351 posts
  • Staff teams:

WoTLK?

I have Maly/Nef old wdb's

Maly World 11-29-2012.sql

Nef World 11-29-2012.sql

I don't think we'd want to use old wdb's though. Perhaps to get some events from them, but a fresh TrinityCore db will be of higher quality probably. Even before CG's closure we were talking about cleaning up the world dbs for a long time.

You don't have the character/auth dbs I assume? :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users