7 replies to this topic

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Hi again everyone!

Another update from your dev team. I know you probably think this has been long due, but I can only work on CG on nights and weekends. I have a wonderful job that keeps me occupied on the weekdays. ANYWAYS.

I'd like to say a few things about transmogrification. I've been working on this for about a week now, and I'm happy to announce that its finally complete.

Many of you are aware of how transmog works, and this will be no different - you can make some of your equipped items look like something else. We have put together an intuitive UI that allows you to do this in the most painless way:

First, you will be presented with a list of slots that you can actually transmogrify. If you have a valid item in that slot, you will be able to click on it and proceed to the next menu.

In the next menu, you will have the option to either browse your available skins - all valid items from your bags/bank for normal track players, and preset items with rating requirements for pvp track players. If this list is too long for your liking, you may also choose to filter it by a partial item name or the item ID. Simply buying the item from the "vendor list" will apply the transmog to item in the desired slot.

Once you transmogrify an item, the skin will be placed in your "transmogrification void storage". As long as this skin is present in this storage, you will be able to use it even if you have deleted the actual item. If we are only interested in an item's look, why save space in our bags for it, right? Let me elaborate. Say you have an ugly helmet currently equipped - let's call it Faceplate of the Ugly. You ALSO have an item with an amazing look somewhere in your inventory or bank (NOT guild bank) - lets call this Mask of the Divine. You visit the Warpweaver and you choose to transmogrify Faceplate of the Ugly to Mask of the Divine. Both of those items now become soulbound to you. Now say you are forced to delete Mask of the Divine since you need space for this awesome new gear piece from ICC - lets call this Faceplate of the Clinically Ugly. AND you just deleted your beautiful skin...right? No. Mask of the Divine was already thrown into your "transmogrification void storage" the first time you used it for a transmogrification. Now you may STILL transmog Faceplate of the Clinically Ugly to Mask of the Divine, and save yourself from inevitable ridicule.

We may also save specific looks into what we call transmogrification sets. Each character may have up to 10 sets, and reuse them on valid equipped items as they see fit. Fully transmogrify your PvE set, save the set, and just painlessly apply it to your PvP set to achieve the same look. Simple.

Here are some images of the UI:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

If you guys have questions or comments, I'd love to hear them.

#

Dragon

Dragon
  • 54 posts

Presentation looks good. I'm sure this would be obvious if I were actually playing around with it but do you have to pay gold each time you wish to transmog, say, the helmet slot? Or you pay the gold once and you will be able to switch between two transmogs at will.

Tuss

Tuss
  • 37 posts

Looks cool  ;)

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Presentation looks good. I'm sure this would be obvious if I were actually playing around with it but do you have to pay gold each time you wish to transmog, say, the helmet slot? Or you pay the gold once and you will be able to switch between two transmogs at will.

transmogs are attached to items. if you switch between 2 items that are transmogrified, then you don't have to pay. but if you are changing the skin of a particular item, that will cost you.

Dragon

Dragon
  • 54 posts

Thanks for the clarification.

Valiant

Valiant
  • 64 posts

My favourite part of the game just got better.

ret_2.jpg

Versatile

Versatile
  • 77 posts
Very good job with this. :)

Dnempr

Dnempr
  • 6 posts

Very good job. Keep it rolling!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users