• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dash

Dash
  • Team Lead
  • 351 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Events, Support, Marketing

First of all, merry Christmas to everyone!

A lot has been going on lately. Many things are not interesting enough for a post of their own, but we would still like to keep everyone up-to-date, so here's a compilation :)

New team leads for Marketing and Game Design

In the Staff meeting last weekend we agreed on promoting Krozan to Team Lead for the Marketing Team and Versatile to Team Lead for the Game Design team. Congratulations to both!

If you have any questions, suggestions or comments related to Marketing or Game Design, they are the people you'll want to talk to.

Twitch live streams on the forums

We have installed a new application on these forums that allows users to publish any streams they have on twitch on our site. You can find it here.

This way you can easily share your streams with the rest of the community, and we'll have all CG-related live streams in one place. Feel free to test it out. At the moment streams are not yet moderated, but we might add moderator approval to the system later if needed.

Shortened URLs to use on social media

Long forum links can be annoying, especially if you want to share the link with others on social media, by email or on IRC. We have purchased the domain http://crusadegam.in and will be using that to generate shortened urls for anything important on the site and forums.

For example:

If you'd like a shortened url for a thread you made to easily share it, please contact the marketing team for now. We might come up with a more sophisticated system for it later, but it has no priority for us at the moment.

Upcoming server launch

Here it comes...

We are confident we can launch in January. You can consider this a promise. One that we, unless very bad unforeseen personal circumstances arise, will definitely keep. Unlike promises on old CG, this is a very realistic promise with a very realistic time frame. One that we're ready for.

So yes, you will be able to play on our servers in January. Probably somewhere mid-January. When we are completely ready for launch, we will of course post an exact launch date, put it on the forum calendar, post it on Facebook, send out e-mails, etcetera etcetera. You won't be able to miss it!

Next staff update

The next staff blog will be posted on Sunday, December 28th. It will be about the malls for pvp players. Be sure to keep an eye on this forum ;)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

MostWanted

MostWanted
  • 20 posts
  • LocationKappa

Is there any possibility to get more information about the state of the server itself, such as what's the state of PvP (is it completely balanced or are we going to see overpowered classes/specs - something that bothered me on old cg was people "fixing" certain things then claiming it works as intended - Ectomy you did a great job fixing stuff so it's not pointed towards you). What's the state of PvE, will we be able to access every dungeon/raid? Something to help us see the big picture about the "new" CG. I completely understand if you're unable to provide us more information, but it would be nice to see how much you guys did until now. Also happy holidays.

Tuss

Tuss
  • 37 posts

Is there any possibility to get more information about the state of the server itself, such as what's the state of PvP (is it completely balanced or are we going to see overpowered classes

This. It is THE most important factor when it comes to a good pvp server (no matter how cool transmogs and bg systems are). A simple thing like broken sacred cleansing messes up the whole game, sure hope you guys have some good beta testers.

That being said, im really positive towards the new CG, this might acctually be really fun if the devs know what theyre doing. Thumbs up!

Dragon

Dragon
  • 54 posts

I don't think TrinityCore is so bad it would still have broken spells, would it? It's been like six years.

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Is there any possibility to get more information about the state of the server itself, such as what's the state of PvP (is it completely balanced or are we going to see overpowered classes/specs - something that bothered me on old cg was people "fixing" certain things then claiming it works as intended - Ectomy you did a great job fixing stuff so it's not pointed towards you). What's the state of PvE, will we be able to access every dungeon/raid? Something to help us see the big picture about the "new" CG. I completely understand if you're unable to provide us more information, but it would be nice to see how much you guys did until now. Also happy holidays.

Realistically, I can't speak for what will be perfectly working on launch (since there is just too much), but I can say this: we feel really strongly about a stable, balanced server where all content is available and working well, and custom content is meant to be complementary. This is what we will be working toward. Note that this is a fresh core. We are basically starting over in terms of development. The old CG core was just too far gone.

We're focussing on the more relevant content for now, but ultimately we'd like for everything else to be working well. There will continue to be active development after launch, with fixes and new features coming on a reasonable, regular schedule. And no, we certainly do not intend for any particular classes/specs to be too overpowered. 

This. It is THE most important factor when it comes to a good pvp server (no matter how cool transmogs and bg systems are). A simple thing like broken sacred cleansing messes up the whole game, sure hope you guys have some good beta testers.

That being said, im really positive towards the new CG, this might acctually be really fun if the devs know what theyre doing. Thumbs up!

Sacred Cleansing was working well toward the end after a few major fixes on the old CG core. We tested it rigorously. But perhaps that was after you stopped playing?

There will most definitely be bugs. We don't plan to be in development for 2 years trying to make a perfect server. Ultimately, we want a place for the community to hang out and have fun together.

As far as development goes, I've been pretty good about listening to players that know what they are talking about. I almost always provide evidence from reliable sources about why I think something is working the way its supposed to be (or not), but I do understand that many times this is biased by one's interpretation and as such, am open to counter-arguments.

I take comments like "no that's bugged, that's not how it should be" with a pinch of salt - I'd expect at least some explanation of why you consider something to be bugged and how it should work.

Tuss

Tuss
  • 37 posts

it mustve been after i stopped playing. as for the bugs; theyre not a problem for the community as long as they are being fixed (or atleast disabled etc) fast enough. im really looking forward to launch  :rolleyes:

Ink

Ink
  • 203 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Moderation

I don't think TrinityCore is so bad it would still have broken spells, would it? It's been like six years.

You would be surprised.

Giga

Giga
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEngland

You'd be surprised.

TC is the most working public emulator but still has a fair share of bugs.

They've archived the WoTLK core anyway and are working on Warlords of Draenor.

The only updates it gets are stability updates and any patches users submit.

Nelica

Nelica
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSerbia

You'd be surprised.

TC is the most working public emulator but still has a fair share of bugs.

They've archived the WoTLK core anyway and are working on Warlords of Draenor.

The only updates it gets are stability updates and any patches users submit.

hell yea.

L33TD4nK

L33TD4nK
  • 8 posts

awe I'm depressed...  I'm going to field training late january..  by the time I'm back everyone will be level 80 with T10 gear already :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users