• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Hello all. First of all, I'd like to wish everyone a very happy new year, and thank you guys for your support over the last few months. Without you, I doubt that I would have been motivated enough to work on this project. This is hard work. To put it into perspective, we are, in a matter of weeks, accomplishing tasks that took us months (if not years) in the old CG. That said, we would certainly like to see this project launched just as much as you guys. You can expect an official announcement about a projected launch date very soon.

You may or may not have seen a new twitter feed on the main forums page named "CG Development". This contains every commit pushed to the main core repository (starting the 28th of December), and is an excellent resource for interested parties to stay up-to-date with the work that we are doing. Follow us at https://twitter.com/cg_devel.

Now on to the real fun stuff - updates from the last week:

• Refreshment Table (Mage) and Soul Well (Warlock) will be spawned during preparation in arenas AND battlegrounds as necessary. Mages and Warlocks must have the right spells,  but with our automatic training system that should always be the case.
  • Arena/Battleground Fast Start - In arenas, you may simply click on the blue crystal to indicate your readiness to your team mates and opponents. Once everyone has clicked on the crystal, the start timer is reduced to 15 seconds. In battlegrounds, when both teams are full, the start timer is reduced to 30 seconds.
  • Arena Spectator - You may spectate ongoing arena games.
  • Crossfaction Battlegrounds - Battleground teams will be balanced by moving players of a dominating faction to the other faction's team. This will ensure faster queues and more balanced gameplay.
  • Battleground Rating - Your performance in battlegrounds will be quantified and represented in the form of Battleground Rating. Due to the dynamic nature of battleground teams, team ratings will be calculated based on the contribution of every player that played for that team in a particular battleground. Rating gains will be calculated using an MMR-like system, based on the respective team ratings. Bonus rating will be awarded for exceptional performance at both the team and individual levels. Winning Arathi Basin with 5 bases, or with no deaths to anyone in the team, for instance, would award additional rating to the winning team. Meeting battleground objectives, including flag caps and base assault/defense will be rewarded as well, with extra points for faster games.
  • Battleground Ranks - We will be reintroducing old school PvP titles (Private, Sergeant, Knight, Field Marshal) as Battleground Ranks to complement the new Battleground Rating system. Once you achieve a particular rating, you will be automatically awarded the highest rank for that rating, and all ranks below it. For instance, if you have sufficient rating to be ranked a Knight, you will also be automatically given Private, Corporal, Sergeant, etc. We reserve the right to remove these titles BEFORE the FIRST BATTLEGROUND SEASON BEGINS, since we will need time to work out the kinks in the system. HOWEVER, after that you will get to keep these titles indefinitely (they will NOT be wiped at the end of any season), and continue to work for higher ranks in subsequent battleground seasons.

Screenshots are in the following posts.

#

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Refreshment Table (Mage) and Soul Well (Warlock) in arena/battlegrounds:

Spoiler

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Arena/Battleground Fast Start

Spoiler

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Arena Spectator

Spoiler

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Crossfaction Battlegrounds:

Spoiler

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Battleground Rating:

Spoiler

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

Battleground Ranks:

Spoiler

Tutz

Tutz
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLiverpool m8

Looks good :D

Dragon

Dragon
  • 54 posts

Yeah pretty neat stuff, I'm glad to see battleground titles wont be based on total HKs.

Rashid

Rashid
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMURICA

If you lose a bg, you lose rating correct? Back in old cg I spotted a problem with this and you guys quickly fixed it and I thought I would mention it again. If a player joins a bg when its almost finished, the play should not gain or lose any rating. When you guys first did bg rating on cg, I always joined a losing bg just before it finished and I lost rating. Very frustrating if you are trying to get top rating. Please take this into consideration and fixing it before the launch.

Dragon

Dragon
  • 54 posts

Along that line of thinking what is going to happen if they leave the battleground, do they lose rating?

MostWanted

MostWanted
  • 20 posts
  • LocationKappa

I think they would/should lose rating if they leave before the battleground is over.

Also Happy New Year from EU!!!

Ink

Ink
  • 203 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Moderation

If you leave a battleground before it is over, you lose rating.

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development
there is a minimum played time requirement to be eligible for rating gain or loss. anyway we'll have a grace period to work out the kinks before the first bg season.

Gerandean

Gerandean
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHooter town

Great stuff!

Aidiakapi

Aidiakapi
  • 24 posts

Great work! I'm assuming the balance of a battleground will be based on the players' individual ratings? If you queue with a party, I'm going to assume you'll always be put on the same side?

Rashid

Rashid
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMURICA

Great work! I'm assuming the balance of a battleground will be based on the players' individual ratings? If you queue with a party, I'm going to assume you'll always be put on the same side?

o yea i forgot about premades. They will dominate bg's

Hash

Hash
  • Team Lead
  • 162 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Development

o yea i forgot about premades. They will dominate bg's

bg group sizes will be limited to a maximum size of 3. because 3's a party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users