19 replies to this topic

Dash

Dash
  • Team Lead
  • 351 posts
  • Staff teams:
    Events, Support, Marketing

Hello everyone,

I have set up account creation for the servers today. It will be a bit different from what you are probably used to.

Instead of having separate forum and in-game accounts, you will have ONE account for both. One login for everything CG-related. However, since the forums and World of Warcraft require different types of password hashing (encryption), existing members will have to synchronise their accounts manually. You can do so on this page:

Simply enter your forum password there, and your in-game account will be ready to go as soon as we launch.

After setting up your account you will see a character control panel. This obviously isn't functional yet, until the server actually goes up.

New registrations after the time of this post will be automatically synchronised upon registration. If you are just new here, you don't need to do anything :)

Note: you will not be able to actually log in in-game until our launch on Saturday!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Gerandean

Gerandean
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHooter town

I got an error after i entered my password.

random

random
  • 20 posts

#workt

bye

Tutz

Tutz
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLiverpool m8

I got an error after i entered my password.

this

Gerandean

Gerandean
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHooter town

i checked again, it says it's synched up.

Dash

Dash
  • Team Lead
  • 351 posts
  • Staff teams:

What kind of error did you get?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

random

random
  • 20 posts
Your forum has been synced to your in-game account!
bye

Gerandean

Gerandean
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHooter town

What kind of error did you get?

I forgot, but Tutz had the same error.

It say's its synched up now, so its probably just fine.

Kitteh

Kitteh
  • 46 posts

This way I have all of your account names and I just need your passwords. PMing them would suffice, ty.

direburn

direburn
  • 39 posts

That's what i was thinking.

Dash

Dash
  • Team Lead
  • 351 posts
  • Staff teams:

Thinking having a hard to guess account name actually improves security is pretty flawed anyway, since account names are in no way encrypted anyway. Only passwords are.

Also, display names are not the same as account names. If you want to hide your account name, you can simply change your display name after registration in the user control panel. No one will be able to see your account name then.

I have done some bugfixing on the scripts today. Hopefully that gets rid of all the errors :)

Kitteh

Kitteh
  • 46 posts

Thinking having a hard to guess account name actually improves security is pretty flawed anyway, since account names are in no way encrypted anyway. Only passwords are.

Also, display names are not the same as account names. If you want to hide your account name, you can simply change your display name after registration in the user control panel. No one will be able to see your account name then.

I didn't know that. Anyway there's a show display name history on your profile and your first name is always your account name as far as I know.

Dash

Dash
  • Team Lead
  • 351 posts
  • Staff teams:

Fair enough, yes. I suppose I could disable that, or allow people to choose a display name on registration :)

I don't think it's really an issue anyway though.

direburn

direburn
  • 39 posts

Think about the bright side. Guess hash's pass and you become owner.

Kitteh

Kitteh
  • 46 posts

ilovemylittlepony

friendshipismagic

brony4lyfe

drizzttrahl

drizzttrahl
  • 1 posts

whenever i try to log in i keep getting an error aswell just saying the information is not valid, happens with two separate accounts that both say they are linked. please help

Stealthpro

Stealthpro
  • 63 posts

Ihatestealthpro

Stealthprosucks

fuckstealthpro

PhoenixSAlover

PhoenixSAlover
  • 1 posts

This will be amusing when I pay a visit ;)

Missed ya Malygo! :D

~Claudy / PhoenixSA

Dash

Dash
  • Team Lead
  • 351 posts
  • Staff teams:

whenever i try to log in i keep getting an error aswell just saying the information is not valid, happens with two separate accounts that both say they are linked. please help

We are not online yet. The launch is tomorrow :)

Butkus

Butkus
  • 7 posts

People are in a hurry to begin, that's a good sign, hope this time server go up with many people :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users