Halion: Blizzlike PvE & PvP, with loads of events and RP options
It is very exciting to see such a widespread interest in Crusade Gaming’s reopening. It’s absolutely awesome to see the community being active on the forums and IRC. I hope this post can provide some answers to all the questions that have been asked so far. Furthermore, Crusade Gaming recently held its first staff meeting a few days ago, and the staff are very excited to share the results of that meeting with the community!
Halion, Crusade Gaming’s next server, is currently in development. All teams have been hard at work to ensure that the server is top-notch upon release! The server will be a mix of Player versus Player (PvP) and Player versus Environment (PvE). If you are interested in strictly only playing World of Warcraft (WoW) for the PvP aspect of the game, this is the server for you. If you are interested in strictly only playing WoW for the PvE aspect of the game, then this is also the server for you. Want to do both? Well, guess what: Halion will have it.
There will not be any custom gear or other items that interfere with Blizzlike gameplay. There will not be custom raids to more easily get what you want. There will not be some easy way to immediately get the highest gear. You will have to work for your character, like on a true Blizzlike server. There should never be an enormous gear gap between old players and new players, especially in PvP. This means that there will be no more suffering for new players with starter gear! Similarly, the server will not be pay to win. Everyone will be on an equal playing field. You will not have to 'work' before you can have fun.
The In-Game Events team has also been successful in creating ingenious events and rewards that will improve the overall experience. Without making the server a pure “fun-server” based on only custom content, these extra things (such as cool custom mounts and other vanity items) will provide Crusade Gaming with some extra spice to make the experience awesome for players. Blizzlike servers can quickly become boring for many people. That's why we intend to give you more fun content including, but not limited to:
- Loads of automatic events being run throughout the day, depending on server population.
- New event and vote rewards every week (on automatic rotation). Only fun and vanity items will be available through votes and events, but there will be a huge amount to choose from!
- Custom world PvP through quests and events.
- Guild leveling, including options for guild housing.
- Transmogrification, including ways to get items no longer available through Blizzlike content (as long as those items are not more powerful than existing items).
- And much more. If you have good ideas, please post them in this thread. We will read them!
Staff, as well as beta testers, have been hard at work to develop the server to make it worthy of launch. As much as we would like to release it right now, there is still quite a bit of work that is left to be done. Stay tuned - perhaps we will have an announcement about it in the near future!